8.6.0.3
Gunivortus Goos
2018-10-02 17:05:00 UTC
Hello Maxim,
https://www.ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/beta/tb8603-64.rar
Running fine so far.
--
Kind regards,
Gunivortus Goos

The Bat! Professional 64 bit, version 8.6.0.3 (BETA)
Windows Pro 64 bit version 10, build nr. 17134
NordVPN vs. 6.11.12.0

http://www.silverstone
Ethan J. Mings
2018-10-02 17:05:59 UTC
Hello Maxim,
https://www.ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/beta/tb8603-64.rar
Up and running.

Thank you.

Jerry
--
Ethan J. Mings
President,

Current beta is 8.5.8.5 | 'Using TBBETA' informat
Ira
2018-10-02 17:37:44 UTC
Hello Maxim,
Well, it's alive enough to get mail, haven't used it enough to say much else yet.

-- Ira

http://www.silverstones.com/theba
Richard Newman
2018-10-02 20:29:09 UTC
Hello Maxim,

MMvT> The Bat! 8.6.0.3 (BETA) is available at
MMvT> https://www.ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/beta/tb8603-64.rar
U&R
--
Best regards,
Richard mailto:***@newmangroup.com
Using The Bat! v8.6.0.3 (BETA) on Windows v10 17134
Ira
2018-10-03 17:00:09 UTC
Hello Maxim,

Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 9:43:46 AM, you wrote:

Just now tried looking at an IMAP mailbox I have access to. Some of the last few messages were displaying two copies of each and only one of the copies worked, the other gave an error. Refreshing the mailbox cleared up the error. I will watch for it and if it shows up again, I will keep the error message which I can't get any more. Apologies for that. Are there any logs that might be helpful?

-- Ira

http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInf
Jay Walker
2018-10-08 15:01:32 UTC
Hi Maxim

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 7:44 PM Maxim Masiutin via TBBETA <
Post by Richard Newman
The Bat! 8.6.0.3 (BETA) is available at
https://www.ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/beta/tb8603-32.rar
https://www.ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/beta/tb8603-64.rar
[-] (#0001540) Contacts' Secondary addresses are not used for
replying/forwarding
I don't understand why #0001540 was considered a problem, but I find the
new behavior so annoying that I have reverted to 8.6.0.2.

The problem for me is that I have multiple email addresses, and so do many
of the people I correspond with. Every time I reply to an email in 8.6.0.3,
TB digs up all of those other email addresses and adds them to the
recipient list. This unwanted behavior overrides my templates and results
in several copies of the same email going out to my recipients as well as
copies of the same email coming back to me (at the very least a waste of
bandwidth). The earlier process was direct and discrete... only the one,
intended recipient email account received my reply; and my reply was
automatically stored in the appropriate Sent folder of TB.
--
jaywalker
Windows 10 Pro
The Bat! Pro 8.6.0.2 (64-bit) OTFE
Jay Walker
2018-10-08 18:47:46 UTC
Hi Viktor
Just from reading your problem description and the original issue - it
seems to me that the secondary e-mail addresses are only being "dug up" if
the option "Automatically add secondary addresses to the following field"
of the contact is set. And the default value of this field seems to be
"don't add".
So by default no secondary mail addresses should be dug up from anywhere.
=> Does that happen for you even if this field is not set - or do you have
that field set and want to have secondary addresses used - but for new
messages only, not for replies, forwards etc?
Thanks very much for that information. I had a look at my Address Book, and
it seems that all of my Address Book entries have the setting to
"Automatically add secondary addresses to the [BCC] field". I don't know if
this is a setting that I ever consciously made. I don't think so. But it is
a fact that the secondary (sometimes obsolete) addresses did get added to
the BCC field. So changing that setting to "Don't add" will probably
resolve the issue. I will need to make a few hundred changes before I can
try out 8.6.0.3 again. :)
--
jaywalker
Windows 10 Pro
The Bat! Pro 8.6.0.2 (64-bit) OTFE
Lüko Willms
2018-10-08 20:48:52 UTC
Hello everybody,

on Montag, 8. Oktober 2018 at 20:47 Jay Walker <***@gmail.com> wrote
re 8.6.0.3

it seems that all of my Address Book entries have the setting to "Automatically add secondary addresses to the [BCC] field".[...]

I will need to make a few hundred changes before I can try out 8.6.0.3 again.

Such a global change should be possible to make by one stroke for the more than one address at the time
for all addresses in the address book
for all addresses in a selected group
for all marked addresses (which again is, I believe, not possible to marke several addresses as marked)

Cheers,
LÃŒko Willms
Frankfurt am Main
Germany

6 1 Windows 7
Jay Walker
2018-10-08 21:38:32 UTC
Hi Luko
Post by Lüko Willms
Such a global change should be possible to make by one stroke for the
more than one address at the time
That would be convenient. But I don't see any way to do it. I'm not even
sure on what level that information is stored. It doesn't seem to be
retained when the address book is backed up.
--
jaywalker
Windows 10 Pro
The Bat! Pro 8.6.0.2 (64-bit) OTFE
Lüko Willms
2018-10-09 10:21:36 UTC
Hello everybody,

on Montag, 8. Oktober 2018 at 23:38 Jay Walker <***@gmail.com> wrote
re 8.6.0.3

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 11:52 PM LÃŒko Willms <***@luekowillms.de> wrote:

Such a global change should be possible to make by one stroke for the more than one address at the time

That would be convenient. But I don't see any way to do it. I'm not even sure on what level that information is stored. It doesn't seem to be retained when the address book is backed up.

After sending my above quoted mail, I found out that some features can be changed in bulk operation, notably the sex of the selected persons, but unfortunately not the form of the presentation of the person's name, which is set by TheBat! defaultwise, but which I want to be shown as first name, last name, titles etc.

Cheers,
LÃŒko Willms
Frankfurt am Main
Germany

6 1 Windows 7
Gunivortus Goos
2018-10-15 13:18:55 UTC
https://www.ritlabs.com/download/files3/the_bat/beta/tb8603-64.rar
Since I use this current Beta, every time one of the accounts
configured connects in the background to the mailserver to check
for mail, my monitor screen for a split second shows the lines of
a rectangle box.